The Student Room Group

Can I afford this rent

How to Afford rent capital

My rent has increased for student accommodation to 220pw or 1141.56pcm in 10 instalments.

I am currently in the process of becoming estranged but due to financial barriers I'm struggling to find a place to rent that suits my medical needs. I'm only Eligible for the means tested SAAS at 6k for the academic year. Until all my paperwork of estrangement if finalised which would not be until nov/Dec 2023

I have chronic pelvic pain that means that I have spontaneous and unexpected toilet habits that caused vomiting and incontinence. As why I am adimant about having my own bathroom. As well as this my working is limited I do have a part time job but unable to over do it as it cause condition to flare.

Because of my illness I struggle with severe fatigue the smallest thing can send me into a flare up and I'm in bed for days. As I really do want a studio but looking at prices that unattainable for me also due to medical injection stored in fridge and worried people may tamper.

I currently have no debt apart form my student loan and parents have never helped me with anything at all.

Ive already taken a year out due to I'll health and have saving but that could only last me a month.

End of Aug my income is 600(current work) +500(old work) + 1200(student finance) =2300

Sept income =600(cw) +400(ow) +600(sf) =1600

October income =600+ x + 600(sf) =?

And so on until June. X is for any over time I am able to carry out that month but all my current work is paid one month behind.
I am leaving my second job to have more time for uni.

I have direct debits eg insurance as well el as phone bills and travel expenses. I don't spend much on luxuries or holidays etc.

Any advice if I'm able to afford the 1114.56. Is there any way i can make more Money or borrow any. Or range of rental prices I should be looking at.

I'm unable to apply for independent student/ estrangement until November/December time

The city I study in the average is around 180-340pw. Any advice is needed or wisdom I have no older role models or older peers who are able to guide me.

Thank you if you reply :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Nibbles1705
How to Afford rent capital

My rent has increased for student accommodation to 220pw or 1141.56pcm in 10 instalments.

I am currently in the process of becoming estranged but due to financial barriers I'm struggling to find a place to rent that suits my medical needs. I'm only Eligible for the means tested SAAS at 6k for the academic year. Until all my paperwork of estrangement if finalised which would not be until nov/Dec 2023

I have chronic pelvic pain that means that I have spontaneous and unexpected toilet habits that caused vomiting and incontinence. As why I am adimant about having my own bathroom. As well as this my working is limited I do have a part time job but unable to over do it as it cause condition to flare.

Because of my illness I struggle with severe fatigue the smallest thing can send me into a flare up and I'm in bed for days. As I really do want a studio but looking at prices that unattainable for me also due to medical injection stored in fridge and worried people may tamper.

I currently have no debt apart form my student loan and parents have never helped me with anything at all.

Ive already taken a year out due to I'll health and have saving but that could only last me a month.

End of Aug my income is 600(current work) +500(old work) + 1200(student finance) =2300

Sept income =600(cw) +400(ow) +600(sf) =1600

October income =600+ x + 600(sf) =?

And so on until June. X is for any over time I am able to carry out that month but all my current work is paid one month behind.
I am leaving my second job to have more time for uni.

I have direct debits eg insurance as well el as phone bills and travel expenses. I don't spend much on luxuries or holidays etc.

Any advice if I'm able to afford the 1114.56. Is there any way i can make more Money or borrow any. Or range of rental prices I should be looking at.

I'm unable to apply for independent student/ estrangement until November/December time

The city I study in the average is around 180-340pw. Any advice is needed or wisdom I have no older role models or older peers who are able to guide me.

Thank you if you reply :smile:

Have you applied for PIP?This can be paid to students.You should talk to uni about what help disabled students are entitled to.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Have you applied for PIP?This can be paid to students.You should talk to uni about what help disabled students are entitled to.

no actually but I'm unsure if I can as I don't have a confirmed diagnosis waiting for operation to happen so I think it will cause added stress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending