The Student Room Group

Sixth form

Hi, I am looking at colleges/sixth forms now. Is it too far to apply to a college a total of 1 hour (48 min train, 10 min walk) away or more? I really like the look of some colleges far away as there is only 1 good college in my area. IDK if my parents probably would let me(haven't asked yet). Thanks :smile:)
Reply 1
Original post by dmedz
Hi, I am looking at colleges/sixth forms now. Is it too far to apply to a college a total of 1 hour (48 min train, 10 min walk) away or more? I really like the look of some colleges far away as there is only 1 good college in my area. IDK if my parents probably would let me(haven't asked yet). Thanks :smile:)

Hi there! I have a friend that travels about an hour and a half to our college- and she’s still staying and planning on doing the same this year. I think that’s about a 30 min walk, 30 min train and 30 min walk. And when you’re old enough it may be worth looking into driving if you don’t want to take that long commingle anymore :smile:)
Hey! If you're prepared to travel that distance every school day for the next two years, then go for it. Definitely give it a bit of thought though, an hour can be a commitment. Driving's also an open option when you're old enough. I travel about the same time on my bus, and its definitely doable.
Hope you enjoy your sixth form!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending