The Student Room Group

Sustained a severe injury 22 days before UCAT exam

I asked this on Reddit but nobody has seen it soo trying here instead
I currently work as a theatre HCA, and unfortunately I sustained a severe chemical-related injury to my right eye which has left me in need of a corneal transplant in the very near future. I’m due to sit the UCAT near the end of the month but obviously which such injury, I’ll find it very difficult to sit in front of a screen for 2 hours straight, just typing this out with sunglasses on and low brightness is still too much…not to mention the frequency of hospital trips which will obviously be prioritised before anything!!
What the heck do I do? Is there special circumstances for instances such as this? I really do not want to have to postpone for the 2025 entry.
Original post by equiiemiii
I asked this on Reddit but nobody has seen it soo trying here instead
I currently work as a theatre HCA, and unfortunately I sustained a severe chemical-related injury to my right eye which has left me in need of a corneal transplant in the very near future. I’m due to sit the UCAT near the end of the month but obviously which such injury, I’ll find it very difficult to sit in front of a screen for 2 hours straight, just typing this out with sunglasses on and low brightness is still too much…not to mention the frequency of hospital trips which will obviously be prioritised before anything!!
What the heck do I do? Is there special circumstances for instances such as this? I really do not want to have to postpone for the 2025 entry.

Get in contact with UCAT, they are the only people that can give you an answer. I believe their attitude is if you turn up for the test you are declaring yourself fit to test so you need to get any special considerations agreed upon before the test day, plus they might be able to make certain arrangements for you such as being able to take breaks but that has to be arranged beforehand.

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope your corneal transplant goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending