The Student Room Group

Personal Statement paragraph breaks

I’ve just basically finished my personal statement and whilst it is fine character-wise, when I previewed it (after getting it approved by my tutor) it’s 4 lines over the limit. I really don’t want to cut anything else out and realised that it would be 47 lines if I took out the paragraph breaks, leaving them indented with a space rather than leaving a line between.
I was just wondering if this was a bad idea and would look badly-formatted or hard to read quickly, thereby disadvantaging my application?
Sorry if this is stupid question but I just wanted to check.
Original post by squiddy135
I’ve just basically finished my personal statement and whilst it is fine character-wise, when I previewed it (after getting it approved by my tutor) it’s 4 lines over the limit. I really don’t want to cut anything else out and realised that it would be 47 lines if I took out the paragraph breaks, leaving them indented with a space rather than leaving a line between.
I was just wondering if this was a bad idea and would look badly-formatted or hard to read quickly, thereby disadvantaging my application?
Sorry if this is stupid question but I just wanted to check.

It needs paragraphs - there is always something you can cut out (its just that you have grown too emotionally attached to it, so you want to keep it in your personal statement
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
It needs paragraphs - there is always something you can cut out (its just that you have grown too emotionally attached to it, so you want to keep it in your personal statement

Thanks, you were right and I’ve just got it down. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending