The Student Room Group

Society Freshers Event Beginning of the Year Uncertainty

So I am part of a society who is planning an event for the new year. This involves a meet and greet event for new students at our university's college with a layout olf events. We are a smaller society compared to a more general society also at our university's college who is planning to also hold a meet and greet. I know the other society committee and what they might plan to do, last year their plan seemed very similar to ours this year. Since I know the other committee and their rough plans, would it be overstepping to hold our event anyway even if the other more bigger society is too? There is limited space on the calender and I feel like the other society might say we are copying them.

While chatting with the society, one of their committee said that our society is "just a specific degree scheme" which did make our society feel lesser in a way to me from their POV.

Any advice to push ahead anyway (we have already contacted the college to book dates (waiting for them to reply)) or should we collaborate (only thing I feel is since they're a bigger society more people may sign up to them and not us)

I'm stuck.
Perhaps if you include something that students would find more fun and exciting in your plans?
Something that would make them go ooh that one seems fun.

Quick Reply

Latest