The Student Room Group

Why does she text like this?

Met this girl a couple weeks ago and been texting a little bit but ive no clue how she expects me to respond most of the time

Like she often messages me What you doing so im assuming shes wanting to do something so i say nothing, but then she just says “oh ok”
And sometimes she texts me like “hii” or “heyyy” and i say alright wys how are you n all that and she just says Not much or Good

am i just being a sped? Why would she bother texting me if she has f##k all to say?

I am quite new to talking to girls n stuff had depression for most of school so never rlly got any practice w texting especially
Reply 1
If she knows about your mental health and she is also asking 'how are you' or 'how are you doing' then maybe she just wants to check on you, you know, as a normal friend should. This is just what I think so don't trust me fully.
Original post by Anonymous
Like she often messages me What you doing so im assuming shes wanting to do something

Wouldn't the better first assumption be that she is making conversation? Most people don't approach a possible date or whatever with 'what you doing'...

If someone is just asking how you are or what you are doing out of interest replying 'nothing' kind of shuts down the conversation. It's basically dismissing them when you think about it
(edited 7 months ago)
She's just bored thats all.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Wouldn't the better first assumption be that she is making conversation? Most people don't approach a possible date or whatever with 'what you doing'...

If someone is just asking how you are or what you are doing out of interest replying 'nothing' kind of shuts down the conversation. It's basically dismissing them when you think about it

**** me and my mates always say wyd before setting somethin up to go out never even thought about it like that ur def right. ****
Original post by Anonymous
Met this girl a couple weeks ago and been texting a little bit but ive no clue how she expects me to respond most of the time

Like she often messages me What you doing so im assuming shes wanting to do something so i say nothing, but then she just says “oh ok”
And sometimes she texts me like “hii” or “heyyy” and i say alright wys how are you n all that and she just says Not much or Good

am i just being a sped? Why would she bother texting me if she has f##k all to say?

I am quite new to talking to girls n stuff had depression for most of school so never rlly got any practice w texting especially

Well your responses aren't exactly scintillating! "What you doing" > "Nothing" >"OK"

Conversation is a two way process. She's taking the initiative my making the first contact, she obviously wants to talk, but your responses are closing it back down again, or at least not giving her anything to work from. Why not say something like 'Nothing now, but maybe going into town later".

If you only give one word answers, the conclusion is that you don't want to talk, the problem is with you, not her, if you want this to go somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending