The Student Room Group

why do ppl do this?

I'll send my friend a question and they will just leave me on read, I literally don't understand why. I was texting my friend and she told me she was studying and I casually asked what subject she was studying and a day later she just left me on read? Even if she can't remember or something she could at least reply with something?

I honestly think that it is so rude and it genuinely frustrates me so much because I don't know why they do it. Can anyone relate/ does anyone know why people do this? It makes me feel so unwanted and ignored if that makes sense.
Lol, this is a prime example of the perils of texting. Unless you get an immediate reply with the desired response, it almost always causes more headache than it's worth. Not to mention the MASSIVE scope for mis-interpretation (at least when talking IRL, things like tone of voice and facial expressions contribute to how something can be taken... emojis can only do so much).

Still, to answer to your question, there are a million reasons why she didn't reply... maybe she was in the middle of something and didn't want to lose her flow; maybe her phone was out of credit; maybe she meant to reply, but got side-tracked etc. etc.

Personally, to save myself from "Paralysis by analysis", once I've sent a text to someone, unless it's particularly important / urgent, I'll forget about it and distract myself by doing something else. However, I'm a guy and we (generally) use texting differently to girls.
I hardly ever reply to texts immediately. My friends don’t care because they’re my friends. If they wanted an immediate response they’d call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending