The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Campus east accommodation

I went on a university open day at York today, and realised that the best accommodation for me is catered and en-suite, however i can’t deal with the en-suite bathrooms on campus west (they are wet rooms). For this reason I am looking at campus east and considering the Meals in Advance option. If you do get the meals in advance option at campus east is it very quiet/ deserted? do many people on campus east get meals in advance?
Original post by rebeccapirrie
I went on a university open day at York today, and realised that the best accommodation for me is catered and en-suite, however i can’t deal with the en-suite bathrooms on campus west (they are wet rooms). For this reason I am looking at campus east and considering the Meals in Advance option. If you do get the meals in advance option at campus east is it very quiet/ deserted? do many people on campus east get meals in advance?

Hi there,

I hope you had a great time at our Open Day.

Evenings are busy and lively in the Piazza Restaurant on Campus East. Each college attends 1 evening meal a week called college nights (which you'll most likely get via your accommodation) and then there are also students on the meals in advance package, so plenty of people around.

One thing to note, it is dinner only in the Piazza Restaurant on Campus East. So, you'd either need to go to Campus West for breakfast if you wanted the full meals in advance deal, or you could make your own breakfast in your accommodation and do the 'dinner only' deal.

I hope this helps :smile: If you have specific questions, or would like to speak to a member of our catering team, please email [email protected]

Helen
University of York
York
I was thinking of doing that too for york next year. mainly just bc I can't cook but I was worried that if I did id be eating alone a lot?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending