The Student Room Group

taking notes of Literature adaptations

Hi,
Ive been told by my teacher to make notes on some adaptations of our texts for english lit, but I dont really understand what she wants us to do? Do we need to take notes on how they differ from the original texts ?
Thank you in advance :smile:
Yes, I suppose they mean to watch different adaptations of your text and write down anything which varies from the original you have studied e.g. some adaptations might remove or add particular scenes. You could also just take note of the different tones and atmospheres an adaptation creates, which is kind of similar to how the 'same' film can have multiple qualities due to a director's interpretation - think of Snyder's cut of the Justice League.

If you can, try and find interviews online from the directors or actors as they sometimes will have a specific idea in mind of how their version differs from the source material. If this is for GCSE/A-Level then the most useful thing is to have a couple of analytic sentences about an adaptation which you can add to an essay as an alternative perspective or reading.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending