The Student Room Group

can i still do any science courses in uni?? :(

I wasn’t able to do any science a levels so i am doing a BTEC applied science extended certificate by PEARSON.
I am kind of worried since im not sure if this cuts out my opportunities for a science career? I am taking psychology a level along with it but would this be enough to allow me to study science ( biology if possible ) at uni? i wouldnt mind doing foundation/extra years to achieve it.
I’ve heard about microbiology, biomed being a possibility but i dont know?? Im not interested in any other career really since science (biology mostly) has interested me and i was hoping i could still have a career to do with it. Im not really sure what to do if anyone knows anything about this or what to do. :frown:
Yes, there are quite a few science degrees that accept the BTEC Applied Science course. Not all unis will accept it though.

However science courses are also widely available with a foundation year for those who don't meet the subject requirements so you still have pretty much all the same options as if you'd done e.g. science A-levels or something :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes, there are quite a few science degrees that accept the BTEC Applied Science course. Not all unis will accept it though.

However science courses are also widely available with a foundation year for those who don't meet the subject requirements so you still have pretty much all the same options as if you'd done e.g. science A-levels or something :smile:

oh i see! thats more comforting to know : ) thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending