The Student Room Group

Medicine without Conditional Offers

Hi, would it be possible for me to get into a uni that previously rejected me based on my application if I call them on results day with the right grades? I got predicted ABB and my UCAT was 2610 B2 (is this too low?) but if I work hard I know I can get three A's next summer. So, if based on my application, I don't get any interview/ conditional offers, could I still get a place through clearing for those unis or any other ones? I know its very unlikely but I really want to apply this year. Thanks in advance!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by malinaisabel
Hi, would it be possible for me to get into a uni that previously rejected me based on my application if I call them on results day with the right grades? I got predicted ABB and my UCAT was 2610 B2 (is this too low?) but if I work hard I know I can get three A's next summer. So, if based on my application, I don't get any interview/ conditional offers, could I still get a place through clearing for those unis or any other ones? I know its very unlikely but I really want to apply this year. Thanks in advance!

No, that's not how it works. You can't just call up random unis out of the blue if they aren't in clearing.

Either a) they will operate a shortlist and you will know if you have been shortlisted, or b) they will go into clearing and then you would only be able to apply via clearing.

So unless you meet any contextual admissions offer requirements, your options are clearing or reapply in a gap year.
Reply 2
ok, thanks very much for your reply. is there any way to check which unis do offer places through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending