The Student Room Group

Im confused with this

They're saying that I still have to pay for September despite cancelling the insurance in August

I'm confused as above I written the dates which the DD comes out on the start of each month

paid an up front cost for my insurance
9 June upfront
2 July
2 August

Unless the DD at the start of the month covers the last month which makes no sense as when I took it out, it covered from that date onwards

I don't believe they should cut off part of the refund to cover the DD for September which I cancelled my insurance in August Because I cancelled the DD for September they will cut off part of the refund to take that DD however I cancelled the insurance in August, surely because I cancelled they can't take the September payment

I cancelled at the end of August

I'm confused
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Is there a term in the contract you signed that says that if you cancel early you incur a termination administration charge which just happens to be about the same as one month's payment?
Reply 2
They said £409 after admin charge

So they stated they already took the cancellation fee off and I don't think it was that much either

So I'd get half that amount, but they said that's after cancellation fee

So I thought the remaining would be £409 after cancellation fee which I did ask how much would I get after the cancellation fee, but they cut it half because of the op

The cancellation fee is £50
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
But how much notice did you have to give to cancel the insurance without incurring charges?

End of August for a 2nd September direct debit is not long.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
But how much notice did you have to give to cancel the insurance without incurring charges?

End of August for a 2nd September direct debit is not long.

Thanks, however I cancelled the insurance with the DD already paid for August.

I'm not sure if I'd get refunded with their side not being able to cancel the DD on time.

Unless I highly doubt the DD covers for next month or indeed the admin charge is one month's payment, I'm sure they said after the cancellation fee that's how much ill get.

I've emailed them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending