The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

The atmosphere at Bath Uni

Hello!
I recently visited Bath uni, which has great stats in student satisfaction etc. But when I went, the atmosphere was really flat and bored in comparison to the other uni i visited (lancaster). Could someone tell me whether the atmosphere when actually being a student at bath is the same? Or does the open day give off a worse vibe than it actually is?
Thank you so much to anyone who replies, I really appreciate it!! :smile:
Original post by tesss5
Hello!
I recently visited Bath uni, which has great stats in student satisfaction etc. But when I went, the atmosphere was really flat and bored in comparison to the other uni i visited (lancaster). Could someone tell me whether the atmosphere when actually being a student at bath is the same? Or does the open day give off a worse vibe than it actually is?
Thank you so much to anyone who replies, I really appreciate it!! :smile:

Hello @tesss5!

Apologies for the late reply - we're really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience when visiting, that must have been deflating! :frown:

I am a former Bath student - I studies psychology, and I'm happy to say that I genuinely, absolutely loved my time here at Bath. I appreciate that it is a smaller university than some (Lancaster included), but I felt this gave it a 'cosy/nestled' atmosphere which I liked :smile: During term time when the students are on campus and all of the cafes/library/SU bar are open, I would say the campus takes on the feel of a lively village. There is generally a lot going on - food fairs, vintage clothes sales, employer stands, society competitions, expert and novice sports matches, themed fundraising weeks. Perhaps this wasn't reflected when you visited?

Choosing a university is an important decision, and its important that you make the decision which is right for you. If somewhere doesn't 'feel right', then its definitely something to think about as you will be spending a considerable amount of time there! However its also important to consider other things such as the course content/rankings, whether the modules match your interests and aspirations, employability, and the opportunity to do a placement on your course.

At the end of the day its about making a choice which will give you what you want out of university :smile:

I hope that helped but please feel free to post more if you have any questions. All the best!

Holly
University of Bath
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest