The Student Room Group

Workshop for biomedical science

I just checked my uni timetable and it says I have workshop once a week. What’s a workshop??
Original post by Anonymous
I just checked my uni timetable and it says I have workshop once a week. What’s a workshop??

Hi Anon!

I study biochemistry at university and in my experience workshops are typically smaller groups than a lecture and more interactive (you can raise your hand and ask a question etc). Most frequently my workshops were used to teach up a new technique like data handling, bioinformatics, academic writing, or maths (like plotting graphs or equations) relevant to an experiment or piece of coursework. Some of the techniques I learnt came up in my exams, so I'd recommend paying attention and making notes.

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi Anon!

I study biochemistry at university and in my experience workshops are typically smaller groups than a lecture and more interactive (you can raise your hand and ask a question etc). Most frequently my workshops were used to teach up a new technique like data handling, bioinformatics, academic writing, or maths (like plotting graphs or equations) relevant to an experiment or piece of coursework. Some of the techniques I learnt came up in my exams, so I'd recommend paying attention and making notes.

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thanks! That’s makes more sense now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending