The Student Room Group

Mature Students

I will be starting university in sept 24 as a mature student (25). Worried i wont get the full university experience due to my age. Are there any mature students out there that can share their experiences good or bad?.
hi honey, you will be absolutely fine. you’re only 25 so don’t worry! there will be lots like you and maybe even older :smile:
Started my first degree at 21 and my second at 25. Most people assumed I was standard age. My friend is three years younger than me and looks 30. If you don’t say it won’t be an issue- most of it is in your head.
Original post by Psydent98
I will be starting university in sept 24 as a mature student (25). Worried i wont get the full university experience due to my age. Are there any mature students out there that can share their experiences good or bad?.

Hey, dont worry about your age at all. I started uni at 28 and I havent had any problems at all. Most people were shocked when i told them my age because i get on with everyone fine. There are usually a variety of different ages at uni also, mine varies from 18-58. You will have a great time, dont let it put you off.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending