The Student Room Group

A-Level Philosophy

Hi so I am a year 13 and I am looking into studying A-Level Philosophy in a year. I have spoken to my college and they have said that this is possible but it would obviously be a lot of extra work and that I have to be willing to put the extra effort into this. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what Philosophy is like as a subject and if it would be easy to grasp the content? And that if I would be able to obtain a good grade if I sat this a level in a year?
Reply 1
Hello,
Well I am currently studying philosophy and at least for me I find philosophy in terms of understanding it as one of the easiest A-levels. BUT it is important and crucial that you know the little details and your able to argue your point and criticism adequately. I personally think you should be just fine doing A-level philosophy in one year.
Reply 2
Original post by lydial505
Hi so I am a year 13 and I am looking into studying A-Level Philosophy in a year. I have spoken to my college and they have said that this is possible but it would obviously be a lot of extra work and that I have to be willing to put the extra effort into this. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what Philosophy is like as a subject and if it would be easy to grasp the content? And that if I would be able to obtain a good grade if I sat this a level in a year?

hey I got an A*, i used the notes from this website :smile:

https://www.stuvia.com/doc/2751386/applied-ethics-exam-bundle
Reply 3
Original post by happyluck
Hello,
Well I am currently studying philosophy and at least for me I find philosophy in terms of understanding it as one of the easiest A-levels. BUT it is important and crucial that you know the little details and your able to argue your point and criticism adequately. I personally think you should be just fine doing A-level philosophy in one year.

hey I got an A*, i used the notes from this website :smile:

https://www.stuvia.com/doc/2751386/applied-ethics-exam-bundle

Quick Reply

Latest