The Student Room Group

I start a college course tomorrow

As titled, tomorrow is my first day of "college," its a course that runs every Monday and Tuesday from 9.30-3 in my nearest city (I need to get the bus there at 8.30 as it takes about an hour to travel there) but I have no idea what to expect.
It's going to have a lot of workshops and training involved, but I have no idea what to expect, like, literally.
I have major anxiety as well and poor confidence, and I've never been to school before.
Reply 1
hey, here’s some things you can probably expect on your first day (from my 6th form first days)
- registration, you’ll likely need to get id cards/ lanyards and fill out forms with contact info, maybe a study contract (nothing formal just that you’ll revise and attend or they can withdraw your place), and other boring form things.
- tour/ presentation, id expect some sort of presentation from a senior member of staff in your subject
- timetables, if you haven’t already you’ll be given a timetable of your lessons
- start lessons? this isn’t a definite but if you have afternoon lessons you might begin that day, if not you’ll start the next day with lessons
keep in mind everyone in your group will be equally nervous, as it’s a big change regardless of whether you’ve been to school before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending