The Student Room Group

Law PS !!!!

do we need to discuss a book in our ps, especially when applying to prestigious unis? or is it not that necessary if the rest of it is balanced and relatively "perfected"??
Original post by bg112
do we need to discuss a book in our ps, especially when applying to prestigious unis? or is it not that necessary if the rest of it is balanced and relatively "perfected"??

You don't necessarily need to discuss books, but you do need to discuss supercurriculars. UK personal statements are rarely "balanced" in the traditional sense, and you should be focusing primarily on activities related to the course you're applying to. You won't get an offer from a prestigious university because you're good at piano or because you're head boy.
Reply 2
Original post by emilyalexandria
You don't necessarily need to discuss books, but you do need to discuss supercurriculars. UK personal statements are rarely "balanced" in the traditional sense, and you should be focusing primarily on activities related to the course you're applying to. You won't get an offer from a prestigious university because you're good at piano or because you're head boy.

yes, i mentioned super curriculars related to law ive done, just not a book ive read. im asking this bc most ppl when discussing ps say they have talked about a book theyve read.
Original post by bg112
yes, i mentioned super curriculars related to law ive done, just not a book ive read. im asking this bc most ppl when discussing ps say they have talked about a book theyve read.

What did these consist of if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending