The Student Room Group

Extra activities?

Anyone know where I can find some extra activities to do and put on my application? I haven't had any luck finding them myself
If your school/college has it, you could try doing a MOOC on Unifrog.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Tofwg
Anyone know where I can find some extra activities to do and put on my application? I haven't had any luck finding them myself

What are you applying for?

Are you interested in super curriculars for your PS or the “extra activities” question. The latter isn’t actually sent to universities
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What are you applying for?

Are you interested in super curriculars for your PS or the “extra activities” question. The latter isn’t actually sent to universities

I plan to study law so anything that can help in that department really
Original post by Tofwg

Hi @Tofwg,

I don't study law but here are some activities you could do:

Start a debating society or join one

Volunteering in a place where you can engage with a range of people such as in charity shops (this shows that you can engage and work with people from a variety of backgrounds)

Litter picking - you can do this in your own time once a week or twice a week (it shows that you care for the environment but can also commit to something that you set to do yourself)

Tutoring (this shows you can explain things in different ways to help people understand what your re trying to say)

I hope these help give an idea.

What do you currently like to do in your spare time?

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Tofwg

Listen to Law in Action on BBC Sounds then find out more about anything they mention that sounds interesting to you.
Reply 6
^^^ BBC Radio 4 - Law in Action - Available now

Law in Action podcasts are brilliant for giving you up to date discussion topics for your PS.
And if none of these interest you - choose something other than Law for Uni..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending