The Student Room Group

Change in what degree I want to study... (from Psychology to Law) NEED ADVICE!!

Hi! I’m looking for any advice from those who are studying law or anyone who changed their subject of interest last minute.

Quickly, to preface, I'm currently in year 13, planning to take a gap year (applying in winter of 2024) and basically spent most of my year 12 doing work experience and supercurriculars targeted towards applying for a psychology degree. I originally wanted to do law but talked myself out of it because I thought I needed to do a STEM career to be successful and also just not thinking I was good enough to do law (I was dealing with a lot of mental health issues at this time).

However, I do want to pursue law as a degree now and are a bit worried because I have less time now to do work experience and activities that I could put on my personal statement, due to upcoming mocks and my actual A-levels, and also the fact that I’m applying for uni around December 2024. I have found some work experience opportunities and have been given advice from friends that are applying for law for the 2024 academic year but still worried I’m behind.

Conversely, I'm a little conscious with the fact that I have mocks and A-levels coming up so now wouldn’t be the best time to apply for work experience as I want my full attention focused on my exams

So what would people suggest I do, what did you do for your personal statement (if you are doing law) and just any advice would be appreciated!!
(edited 5 months ago)
You don’t need work experience in your PS for either law or psychology. Both are academic degrees not vocational so your PS should focus on your academic interests and experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest