The Student Room Group

low UCAT high grades

I'm applying for medicine this year but haven't left long enough time to do as well as I want to in UCAT and fear I'm not going to get a very good score. However, I did get 3 A*s for A levels in chemistry, maths and psychology. Do you think unis such as Manchester and New Castle would allow for compensations due to my high grades?
Reply 1
There are certain universities that weigh your GCSE grades highly in their selection process. In regards to A-level grades though, it doesn't really apply as much as almost every person applying will have met the grade requirement for the university.

Try your hardest to maximize your ucat score in the time you have left by doing mocks every day and reviewing the questions you have gotten wrong.

However, if it doesn't go to plan, you can always do the BMAT (You would need to register very soon though) or you could take a gap year and reapply next year.

If you really want to do medicine you definitely will. The determining factor is the effort you're willing to put in.

Good luck and hope this helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by tillyreed05
I'm applying for medicine this year but haven't left long enough time to do as well as I want to in UCAT and fear I'm not going to get a very good score. However, I did get 3 A*s for A levels in chemistry, maths and psychology. Do you think unis such as Manchester and New Castle would allow for compensations due to my high grades?

No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending