The Student Room Group

How to get a chemical engineering internship?!!

I’ve started to make my cv for an internship since I’m starting second year however I really don’t have any experience related to engineering. I have experience in part time jobs but I don’t think I should be including that? I’m thinking of adding in about a lab project I did as a team during first year. Is there anything else I could be able to add in the profession experience sector?
Reply 1
Original post by helpme111
I’ve started to make my cv for an internship since I’m starting second year however I really don’t have any experience related to engineering. I have experience in part time jobs but I don’t think I should be including that? I’m thinking of adding in about a lab project I did as a team during first year. Is there anything else I could be able to add in the profession experience sector?

Given the state of the market for engineers I would hope you might get a full on job complete with pay and everything no? Do you have the opportunity to do a year in industry thick sandwich on your course? If so, go for it. If not, start applying to companies for holiday work experience if that is still a thing?

But in all seriousness, if you get a good degree in Chem Eng, you shouldn't be short of job offers.
Go speak to your unis careers teams.

Go to gradcracker & brightnetwork. You are best off:
- applying early
- practicing the recruitment stages
- evaluating your applications ruthlessly
- keep on applying

Quick Reply

Latest