The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Which is a better GP from the following?

Hello everyone,

I am starting at Northumbria University next week. I need to find a GP.

Which is the best GP surgery from the following and why:

1. Newcastle Medical Centre.
2. Saville Medical Centre.
3. Thornfield Medical Group.

Thank you.
H
Hi H, firstly congratulations on your place with Northumbria, we look forward to welcoming you onto campus.

In regards to your question, I guess it depends on your preferences and where you are based etc!
Here is some more information about registering for a doctor: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/support-for-students/international-student-support/registering-with-a-doctor/ but I would recommend doing some research on each.

Personally I go to Saville Medical Centre and I've always found them helpful, plus it's really near the campus which is very useful!

Please do let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

Beth
Northumbria University UG rep
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hi H, firstly congratulations on your place with Northumbria, we look forward to welcoming you onto campus.

In regards to your question, I guess it depends on your preferences and where you are based etc!
Here is some more information about registering for a doctor: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/support-for-students/international-student-support/registering-with-a-doctor/ but I would recommend doing some research on each.

Personally I go to Saville Medical Centre and I've always found them helpful, plus it's really near the campus which is very useful!

Please do let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

Beth
Northumbria University UG rep

Hi Beth,

Thanks a lot for your message. Looks like I am going to go with them.

Thanks again.

Hanna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending