The Student Room Group

Gcse English Literature

Has anyone got a grade 9 structure for any of the english literature texts. Im studying, a christmas carol, inspector calls and macbeth. Just a good structure I can use every time. Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by dmedz
Has anyone got a grade 9 structure for any of the english literature texts. Im studying, a christmas carol, inspector calls and macbeth. Just a good structure I can use every time. Thank you

Hi! I got a 9 in English Lit (I sadly don’t have any of my answers anymore) but this is roughly the structure I used:

intro (please don’t go “in this essay I will”. Use the question and say something like “the theme of childhood is evident in the extract and throughout the novella…”) basically just state some points that you could cover from the question
5 paragraphs. Always cover the extract first. Try and pick out five main points from the extract/question and cover them (you should cover at least three). Make sure to include quotes and explain them, and as much context, and wider ideas as you can.
conclusion. Summarise what you just said and make a determining point such as, “Considering all, Scrooge’s childhood is a significant factor of his redemption.”

Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending