The Student Room Group

are there any Clinical psychology related jobs that I can do as a undergrad student

I am in the process of completing my Bsc psychology degree, currently I have completed year 1 from the Open University UK and have applied to transfer to a brick uni for year 2 and 3, in the meantime however I would like to get a jumpstart into clinical psychology and was wondering if there are any jobs that I can do as an undergrad student specefically relating to my feild.
Reply 1
Original post by eishdesigns_4002
I am in the process of completing my Bsc psychology degree, currently I have completed year 1 from the Open University UK and have applied to transfer to a brick uni for year 2 and 3, in the meantime however I would like to get a jumpstart into clinical psychology and was wondering if there are any jobs that I can do as an undergrad student specefically relating to my feild.

You could look into support worker roles - this is where a lot of people start out. I started out as a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs, and then moved into a role on a psychiatric intensive care unit with the NHS. Both provided excellent experience and training when starting out.
Original post by eishdesigns_4002

Hi @eishdesigns_4002,

How are you finding your Clinical psychology degree so far?

It can be very tricky to find clinical experience as these settings usually involve being around vulnerable people. One way to find experience which is related to mental health could be volunteering with helplines. For example, SHOUT.

I hope this helps and good luck. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest