The Student Room Group

Need opinion, is she interested?

Sorry for the long post...

So, I’ve known this girl for a year and we are going at the same university and we have been in the same group of people at classes. As the time passed by I started developing feelings for her and started being more flirtatious towards her couple of months ago. I was giving her compliments through Instagram, when she posts some of her pictures, teasing her about some stuff from Uni etc.

She always seemed to respond positively and usually we continue texting about some other stuff, often about studying etc. Usually, I am the one who initiates conversation through texts (as it was summer break, we only texted) and she pretty much responds every time in less than 30 minutes, only couple of times it took her more than 5 hours.

Whenever we talk in person, she keeps eye contact longer than usual, she smiles whenever she sees me (smiling with her eyes), sometimes gives me hug. She stands pretty close to me when talking and when in classes, she sometimes comes close to me also. When I see her, I feel electricity throughout my body, can’t explain it, like I feel some kind of energy when we are together…

Sometimes she acts quite different, like avoiding eye contact at all cost, being quiet around me etc.

When we text, she often laughs, uses laughing smileys, she sometimes calls me when she need some help, like when she asked me to help her to get new phone.

So, after all the thinking, I decided to ask her out and go grab a drink. She said “Yes, absolutelyyy, but first I have to finish my studying”, so I told her to let me know when she is free so the ball was in her court now. And I thought that it might be some kind of indirect rejection because I think that if she really liked me she would find at least an hour or two to grab a drink. And I started to cool down on her.

But, a week later, she texted me telling me some info about her exam that she never just tells me like that, it’s usually that I ask her about it. And I decided not to bother her and let her study and didn’t text her for more than a week.

Then I asked her how studying is going and she was pretty enthusiastic in her replies. Then again she initiated two days later telling me how hard it is to study that subject etc and it gave me again some kind of hope as if I think about it, why would she think about me and text me about these kind of stuff if she didn’t like me? And what surprised me also is that she knew one info about me that

I didn’t tell her and I told only to our mutual friend which is one of her best girl friends. So, I guess they’ve been talking about me.

There are lots of stuff I didn’t mention, but I hope this gives you some insight. So what do you think, could she be into me or she is just being friendly? I’m probably waaaay overthinking this but those damn butterflies…
Reply 1
Women in general like a CONFIDENT guy and in this case - an HONEST guy. Walk up to her, or steer her away when in a group and simply say that you really like her for who she is, as a person. Then follow thru with a simple ask if she can join you on a date, for just some juice/coffee/etc. If she acquiescence then golden.
Reading this I believe she has that urge but at the same time getting conflicting triggers from your end. For example she said a bit busy and you backed off. A friend category would indeed but you want it more than friend, right. So, a slight push wouldn't have harmed. Maybe that's what she was expecting from you?
Reply 2
My instinct would be that she’s only up for friendship. If your heart is telling you the same thing then I would leave as is, it’s never the same after a clear rejection. If you feel more positive, then go for it and make a date happen
Reply 3
Risk it for the chocolate biscuit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending