The Student Room Group

my friend isnt talking to me

hi. i would like some guidance and opinions on this. i became good friends with this person at the start of this year at school. we started talking more and added each other on social media. we started messaging each other regularly and met up during the summer holidays. this year ive noticed they havent talked to me as much as they have been and I said this to them. they said they didnt care and they have a lot going on in their life at the moment and not to talk to them for 6 weeks. a few days later they deleted me off social media and they have now blocked me. i talked to our friend about it and they talked to them about it. our friend said they didnt have a caring attitude about it and to leave it. i still see them around school and they dont speak to me but i see them looking at me a lot.

im worried now that they have blocked me they arent going to speak to me ever again. it has really upset me as they are such a good friend to me. we are gcse students.
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi. i would like some guidance and opinions on this. i became good friends with this person at the start of this year at school. we started talking more and added each other on social media. we started messaging each other regularly and met up during the summer holidays. this year ive noticed they havent talked to me as much as they have been and I said this to them. they said they didnt care and they have a lot going on in their life at the moment and not to talk to them for 6 weeks. a few days later they deleted me off social media and they have now blocked me. i talked to our friend about it and they talked to them about it. our friend said they didnt have a caring attitude about it and to leave it. i still see them around school and they dont speak to me but i see them looking at me a lot.

im worried now that they have blocked me they arent going to speak to me ever again. it has really upset me as they are such a good friend to me. we are gcse students.

If you didn't do anything, then its more than likely that as she said there was alot going on and personal issues tend to affect us, maybe about the family or something important so we tend to withdraw our feelings about other things.
Don't take it too personally, perhaps its just something that happened in her family so she is being like this.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
If you didn't do anything, then its more than likely that as she said there was alot going on and personal issues tend to affect us, maybe about the family or something important so we tend to withdraw our feelings about other things.
Don't take it too personally, perhaps its just something that happened in her family so she is being like this.

do you think they will speak to me again even though they have blocked me on social media?
Please leave this person in peace, you don't have the right to harass and stress someone. She has been clear with you to leave her alone so you should respect her wishes. You need to gain a bit more self awareness about your behaviour, and not just attach yourself to someone who isn't interested.
Original post by Anonymous #1
do you think they will speak to me again even though they have blocked me on social media?

They will yes, give it some time. Everyone needs time. Be patient, don't do anything impulsive or dramatic and just wait. They will unblock, nothing is permanent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending