The Student Room Group

Is Further Maths A-Level worth it for Law?

Hi all,
Just wondering if Further Maths would be beneficial for applying to Oxbridge for Law.

I enjoy and achieve well in Maths at school, and I'm definitely taking it for an A-Level. However, I'm unsure if it's too much hassle/ not worth it to take Further too. I just feel like it may help bring a competitive advantage, but I don't know. Would an EPQ in Law be better perceived?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply 1
An EPQ would be more applicable for a law application. You can use it to research something relevant, showing an admissions officer you've done more than think about studying law at university. Taking further maths will take time away from studying for your other A levels. It's impressive, but I don't think an admissions officer would really care all that much. Perhaps your secondary school offers level 2 further maths?

If you're looking for a "competitive advantage": source work experience, read relevant books, and try to do something proactive in school like starting a law club/society. If you apply to Oxbridge, those things are a requirement.

Try not to get too caught up in applying to uni in year 11. You have plenty of time! (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending