The Student Room Group

epq or fourth a level

So I’ve been looking at some people’s a level options on here and a lot of them have switched from music or art or photography to another essay subject for law at uni.

Now I don’t know if I want to do law at uni or a more art based course so I decided to do a level art because I really loved it but I got spooked by the idea that unis would look down on my art a level do I applied for a fourth one but I’m thinking about switching from my fourth that I don’t really like to an epq.

Is doing a fourth a level better then doing an epq? I don’t even know what an epq really is.
Reply 1
nah dont do an EPQ. Even though u get bumped down a grade, no offence if your naturally good at something like art it will be a free A or A star for you. And then grind 2 of your other a levels to get lie an A or a star in them, and then you will be allowed even by the top unis to just get a B or sometimes even C in the 4th one. Do the 4 in my opinion
Original post by anxietyfilled
So I’ve been looking at some people’s a level options on here and a lot of them have switched from music or art or photography to another essay subject for law at uni.

Now I don’t know if I want to do law at uni or a more art based course so I decided to do a level art because I really loved it but I got spooked by the idea that unis would look down on my art a level do I applied for a fourth one but I’m thinking about switching from my fourth that I don’t really like to an epq.

Is doing a fourth a level better then doing an epq? I don’t even know what an epq really is.

Unis only require three A levels and you don't get bonus points for doing more so stick to three. AAA will always look better than AABB.

Art is a respected subject and will be a good choice for a creative degree. What are your other subjects? You don't need specific A levels for law and if you are already doing one essay-based subject, that will be fine. For any degree course that you might consider, check the entry requirements on uni websites.

An EPQ is worth half an A level in UCAS points and some (not all) unis might give you a lower offer subject to achieving a certain grade in an EPQ. There is more info here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/extended-project-qualification-epq

If you do choose to do one, I recommend that you complete it in year 12 so that you can focus on your three A levels in year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest