The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Could I be offered a place?

I am looking to apply to Strathclyde to study English, I gained 4 As at higher this year and I’m currently studying two advanced highest in English and history and a higher. Would I be considered?
Original post by secchis
I am looking to apply to Strathclyde to study English, I gained 4 As at higher this year and I’m currently studying two advanced highest in English and history and a higher. Would I be considered?

Hey @secchis :smile: Well done on your exam results! I take it that one of your As is for Higher English? We also require your Nat 5 Maths at a B/C.

Yes with those grades we'd be able to consider you for a place on the course. Admissions for that programme are very competitive though so I wouldn't be able to guarantee an offer would be made. We receive lots of applications from applicants who both meet and exceed the standard entry requirements.

The Humanities & Social Sciences admissions team reads all the personal statements so it's a good idea to make that as strong as you possibly can. You'll be looking to show a strong interest in English and the subject area, as well as sharing any details of extra curricular activities you've done to set yourself up well for university to show off your skills and abilities :biggrin:

Good luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @secchis :smile: Well done on your exam results! I take it that one of your As is for Higher English? We also require your Nat 5 Maths at a B/C.

Yes with those grades we'd be able to consider you for a place on the course. Admissions for that programme are very competitive though so I wouldn't be able to guarantee an offer would be made. We receive lots of applications from applicants who both meet and exceed the standard entry requirements.

The Humanities & Social Sciences admissions team reads all the personal statements so it's a good idea to make that as strong as you possibly can. You'll be looking to show a strong interest in English and the subject area, as well as sharing any details of extra curricular activities you've done to set yourself up well for university to show off your skills and abilities :biggrin:

Good luck!
- Caitlin :h:

If I have 5 A's at Higher and am taking 3 Advanced Highers in S6 (English, Music and Mandarin) how likely would I be to get an offer?
Original post by jessica099
If I have 5 A's at Higher and am taking 3 Advanced Highers in S6 (English, Music and Mandarin) how likely would I be to get an offer?

Hi @jessica099 well done on your grades! 🙂Are you also applying to English? As above, I'm not able to guarantee whether or not an offer would be made as we take in to account the whole application, including personal statements. Our Humanities and Social Sciences degrees are very competitive for entry and many applicants meet and exceed the entry requirements. It seems like you have strong grades and as long as they are in the right subjects we require and your personal statement is also strong, showing a desire to study the subjects you've applied for and telling the admissions teams what makes you suitable for the course then we'd be able to consider you.

Good luck!
Caitlin
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @jessica099 well done on your grades! 🙂Are you also applying to English? As above, I'm not able to guarantee whether or not an offer would be made as we take in to account the whole application, including personal statements. Our Humanities and Social Sciences degrees are very competitive for entry and many applicants meet and exceed the entry requirements. It seems like you have strong grades and as long as they are in the right subjects we require and your personal statement is also strong, showing a desire to study the subjects you've applied for and telling the admissions teams what makes you suitable for the course then we'd be able to consider you.

Good luck!
Caitlin

Thanks Caitlin! Yes, it would be for English. That's good to know, thank you for the information!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending