The Student Room Group

is this what a conditional offer means?

hi, if I am to get an offer from a law school i by achieving say 3 A* as predicted grades, and the entry requirements for the specific uni is 3 As. If I was to say get 3 As on results day does that mean I still get into the uni as I meet the requirements?
Original post by Jakeclarke
hi, if I am to get an offer from a law school i by achieving say 3 A* as predicted grades, and the entry requirements for the specific uni is 3 As. If I was to say get 3 As on results day does that mean I still get into the uni as I meet the requirements?

sometimes unis adjust their entry requirements based on strengths/weaknesses in certain applications so it depends on the specific offer they give you, but if you meet that offer, then yes
note that like 90% of the time, this is the same as the requirements listed on the website, just useful to know its not always the same :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AngryHomer
sometimes unis adjust their entry requirements based on strengths/weaknesses in certain applications so it depends on the specific offer they give you, but if you meet that offer, then yes
note that like 90% of the time, this is the same as the requirements listed on the website, just useful to know its not always the same :smile:

thank you so much! I was actually on about university of Birmingham law school, so you recommend I call them just to be sure?

As long as you meet or exceed any requirement the offers made you will be accepted. Predicted grades dont matter it is the actual grades you achieve.
thank you so much! I was actually on about university of Birmingham law school, so you recommend I call them just to be sure?

if they've given you a 3 a offer than thats it, your job is done! just concentrate on at least meeting those grades they specified
you cab call them if you'd like, though do also check their website, as unis are generally inundated with calls around this time of year so you might not get to speak to someone
Your predictions are basically irrelevant from the point at which you receive an offer. You just need to fulfil your offer conditions to confirm your place.
Reply 6

Don't waste their time and yours by calling. If/when you get an offer then those are the grades you need to get. Your predictions are irrelevant at that stage.

Hi @Jakeclarke

If you apply to a university with 3A* predicted grades and the university decides to offer you a place, they will inform you of what grades you need. This is very unlikely to be 3 A* but it may not be the grades they advertise for their standard offer (e.g. AAA). In order to keep your place, the conditional offer will be the grades they inform you that they need you to obtain whether that is lower or higher than their standard offer.

An unconditional offer means they do not require you to get any specific grades.

I hope this helps 🙂

Sophie
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Jakeclarke

If you apply to a university with 3A* predicted grades and the university decides to offer you a place, they will inform you of what grades you need. This is very unlikely to be 3 A* but it may not be the grades they advertise for their standard offer (e.g. AAA). In order to keep your place, the conditional offer will be the grades they inform you that they need you to obtain whether that is lower or higher than their standard offer.

An unconditional offer means they do not require you to get any specific grades.

I hope this helps 🙂

Sophie

Oh okkk, so they could potentially say you need A*AA to keep your place?
I
Oh okkk, so they could potentially say you need A*AA to keep your place?
I

They could say anything from EEE to A*A*A*, but the vast majority of sucessful applicants will just get the typical/standard offer on their website.

Yes that is exactly what it means 3 A’s or better you offer goes unconditional and you’re in.

Hi,

Each university, when sending a conditional offer, will declare the entry requirements/grades they expect for you to be accepted onto the course. If you achieve those grades or achieve above what they have asked for, then your offer will be made unconditional which means you are accepted into the university. Most universities outline their entry requirements on their website but they will be clearly displayed on your offer on UCAS.

I hope this is of some assistance and best of luck with your application!

Mary,
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending