The Student Room Group

Can I go back to university if I've already got a degree, but have no A Levels?

Okay, so for context, I'm currently taking an Access to Humanities and Social Sciences course that will allow me to go to university without doing A Levels. the only qualifications i have are 2 GCSEs (maths and english). The qualification I get from the access course only last 3 years, so once I've done my first degree the qualification will have expired and I will have nothing but two GCSEs and my degree.

I'm considering doing a degree in sociology after I've done my first degree, but I was wondering if I would have to redo the access course in order to get new qualifications or if the universities would accept an application from me because I've already gone through university and have a degree (the degree would be english literature and creative writing).
Reply 1
Sfe won't pay for a second degree so you would have to self fund. You would get in with already having a degree. It tops a levels
Original post by annoyed1234
Okay, so for context, I'm currently taking an Access to Humanities and Social Sciences course that will allow me to go to university without doing A Levels. the only qualifications i have are 2 GCSEs (maths and english). The qualification I get from the access course only last 3 years, so once I've done my first degree the qualification will have expired and I will have nothing but two GCSEs and my degree.

I'm considering doing a degree in sociology after I've done my first degree, but I was wondering if I would have to redo the access course in order to get new qualifications or if the universities would accept an application from me because I've already gone through university and have a degree (the degree would be english literature and creative writing).

You should be fine to get onto another degree if you already have a degree, as studying at degree level is higher than A levels. Of course it will depend on what the specific university is looking for, what mark you get for your first degree, and what relevant experience you have for the second degree.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Reps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending