The Student Room Group

I feel like an absolute dumbass

like everyone in a level physics just knows it all already and I'm there like an idiot because I don't even know anything I'm ******* stupid and I feel so frustrated by this
Reply 1
Dw I feel the exact same way but with biology, it's embarrassing lol. But just remember it's still only the start of the year and you still have time to better yourself. Ik it's easier said than done but don't compare urself to others, there's things they struggle with too. Just focus on your own journey and trust me you'll improve sm. It just takes some time:smile:
Reply 2
I also chose A level physics and felt exactly like that for a while! Trust me not everyone knows what they're doing a lot of people just fake it. Some people might know but that's because maybe they do some extra work, had different learning experiences etc.
So what I did, that might help you too, is being okay with not knowing everything and trying to approach everything with an open mind and not beat myself up for it. Try to locate exactly where your problem is with a topic to be able to ask specific questions and work you way through the topic like that to try and understand it better. I think there's a quote that says understanding the problem is halfway there to solving it or something like that.
Also what I found was that different sources can explain topics differently. So your teacher might explain it in a way, your textbooks in a different way and youtube videos in another. So try to learn from different sources to be able to understand things better and find sources that explain it better.
Also one other thing, which might sound annoying, but I regret sometimes not studying the topics out of interest but out of necessity. There are some really interesting topics in physics such as light, astronomy, lasers etc. So read through things as if you're reading an article and are actually curious about how things work/ the topic not just as something you have to do.
Also, A levels can be a big jump from GCSE's so it's normal to not know what you're doing and feel dumb at the start I'm sure other people feel that way too. You've got a lot of time to work through things slowly so don't give yourself unnecessary stress. And DON'T COMPARE yourself to others, everybody is different learns and understands things differently. I was in your position but thankfully I got through it even though it seemed impossible. So if I can do it YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
Best of luck <3
Original post by serterweryerper
like everyone in a level physics just knows it all already and I'm there like an idiot because I don't even know anything I'm fcking stupid and I feel so frustrated by this

Quick Reply

Latest