The Student Room Group

Stay in current role or move roles

Hi all,

I’ve been in my current post-Uni role for about a year now, and I’m ready to progress.

I applied for a new role internally which was a banding increase to my current role, which I was successful in with a 11.5% pay rise. I accepted the role. However, I wouldn’t be eligible for the annual pay review at the end of the year.

However, during my notice period my current job role was regraded due to ‘market conditions’ - to the same banding as my new role, which meant I’d receive an increase in salary. With this, the difference between my current and new jobs salary was now a 6.25% increase.

However, in my current role I would be applicable for the end of year pay review which is unknown, but last year was 4%. So if the same figure was produced this year, I’d be moving roles for 2.1%.

My current team has no plans to create a new structure to progress, at least for a year. But I don’t hate my job, I enjoy the work, who I work for and the team culture. However, the new role is exciting and new, something I have a keen personal interest in.

But I just feel like I’m being shafted. HR have said they won’t make any amendments to what’s on the table.

What’s everyone’s advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending