The Student Room Group

Moving departments in job

I’m thinking about moving departments in my job as I feel that my current role isn’t really for me. (I have done this for a year- I’m a recent graduate and this is my first job) I’m split between either carrying on, applying for another job or just moving departments. I say this because I want a role that’s more creative - I’m in digital marketing but my role doesn’t include anything creative, it’s more analytical. I do like it to some extent but I want to be creative. I’ve spoken to my manager but they said there is currently no resources, time or people to explore the creative aspects that I want to incorporate into the role. I was thinking web optimisation and design may be better, however I do not have an art/ design background (well not much of one), but I just have a feeling it would be better and web optimisation also sounds exciting to me. I understand I would have to try the job out first and do lots more research but I’m also worried as I don’t want to make a mistake and if I could get higher up in my current role that would be ideal too but then if it’s not for me then what’s the point? It’s also scary almost starting at the bottom too especially as I’ve not done design stuff before. Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending