The Student Room Group

Alevel biology and chemistry help

I’m struggling so much with bio and chem. my teachers can’t explain to save their lives, they don’t give us any resources to aid with independent study.

I need to get at least an A for this Alevel summer exam 2024. Rn I’m getting C/D for both bio and chem.I read other posts of people saying to just do past papers and questions but I don’t even know how to properly answer them bec I always get one mark or no marks at all. And when I do think I understood a topic I flop badly when answering questions it’s like it’s a whole new topic I haven’t done.

I’m trying to narrow done the topics that I don’t understand or get low marks on but then I don’t even know where and how to start once I have done the list

Please any resources you guys know other than pmt or chemguide and any tips would be really helpful!
Reply 1
how do you try to understand the topic? do you just read around the topic?

Original post by Akkot
I’m struggling so much with bio and chem. my teachers can’t explain to save their lives, they don’t give us any resources to aid with independent study.

I need to get at least an A for this Alevel summer exam 2024. Rn I’m getting C/D for both bio and chem.I read other posts of people saying to just do past papers and questions but I don’t even know how to properly answer them bec I always get one mark or no marks at all. And when I do think I understood a topic I flop badly when answering questions it’s like it’s a whole new topic I haven’t done.

I’m trying to narrow done the topics that I don’t understand or get low marks on but then I don’t even know where and how to start once I have done the list

Please any resources you guys know other than pmt or chemguide and any tips would be really helpful!
Reply 2
Original post by Rayooo89
how do you try to understand the topic? do you just read around the topic?

Yeah for bio I memorise nearly everything and chem I read the topic

Quick Reply

Latest