The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial chemical engineering interview 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaanch
same here, I feel like I butchered the interview but my fingers are crossed. I was expecting a decision today because it would have been 3 weeks since the interview but I guess we should just wait.

Got rejected 😭 i blame how i hadnt even covered thermodynamics and they kept asking me questions abb that... anyways we move
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by -M-M-K-
Was it really that bad, what kind of questions did they ask if you don’t mind me asking? We’re there any ice breakers or straight into technical questions?

For the other people being interviewed, I heard there were a couple of generic questions such as why Chem eng, etc. For me, my interviewer just asked me one question about my statement and then dived into some pretty difficult technical questions. It was 2 physics questions and one chem question
Reply 22
Original post by Kaanch
For the other people being interviewed, I heard there were a couple of generic questions such as why Chem eng, etc. For me, my interviewer just asked me one question about my statement and then dived into some pretty difficult technical questions. It was 2 physics questions and one chem question

That’s mad honestly, I’m assuming you did physics for a level? Because I didn’t and I’m worried they might expect me to know a level physics content if I get an interview
Reply 23
Original post by -M-M-K-
That’s mad honestly, I’m assuming you did physics for a level? Because I didn’t and I’m worried they might expect me to know a level physics content if I get an interview

Yes, I do Physics A Level but I am sure that if you don't do it they won't ask you a question on it.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous #2
Got rejected 😭 i blame how i hadnt even covered thermodynamics and they kept asking me questions abb that... anyways we move

Did they tell you why you got rejected? Or was it just a straight-up rejection? Sorry for asking but I am waiting for a response from them and am just really nervous.
Reply 25
Currently refreshing my emails a ton tbh i didnt do that well at interview so 🙃

have u heard back cus i haven't :frown:((((
Reply 26
Original post by neorabk
have u heard back cus i haven't :frown:((((

Nope, nothing yet
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone, has anyone gotten their invitation to interview for chemical engineering for 2024? Heard imperial has started sending invitations but I haven’t received anything

Hey, i haven’t received anything either. I applied a week ago. What are your predicteds?
Reply 28
Yeah i would say prepare now 😭 they asked me questions on stuff i hadnt covered yet.. but i have now was kind of at a disadvantage doing it so earkly icl

What kinda questions did they ask??
Reply 29
Original post by Sectan567
Hey, i haven’t received anything either. I applied a week ago. What are your predicteds?

i already did my interview but my predicteds where 3A*s 1A
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 30

From what I know the next batch of interviews will start at the beginning of December and then from Jan to February I think. So you might not hear until December, I applied sent my PS on the 6th of November but I haven’t heard back from them yet
Reply 31
Original post by -M-M-K-
From what I know the next batch of interviews will start at the beginning of December and then from Jan to February I think. So you might not hear until December, I applied sent my PS on the 6th of November but I haven’t heard back from them yet

Okay. I sent mine of the 14th and i havnt even got a confirmation email lol. What did you include In your ps?
Reply 32
Okay. I sent mine of the 14th and i havnt even got a confirmation email lol. What did you include In your ps?

Honestly I just started with my genuine interest in maths and chem, added in some super-curricular things to do with maths and chem, went on to talk about my passion for making things through the application of physical laws, extra curricular activities and linking them to chem e. Btw what I told you before about the interviews is what I’ve gathered from information online, I could very well be wrong. If I am though please do correct me
have the decisions come up on ucas or is it just an email.
Reply 34
Original post by neorabk

Oh ok. How did the interview go?
Reply 35
Oh ok. How did the interview go?

Went well but got an email telling me to wait till January to find out if I got a space so idk :/
Reply 36
Original post by neorabk
Went well but got an email telling me to wait till January to find out if I got a space so idk :/

Oh i see. What kind of question did they ask? Was there like maths and chem. or just mainly about your ps
Reply 37
Original post by neorabk

Does it matter that much if someone has 4 a stars or 3 a stars as their predicted grades?
Reply 38
Oh i see. What kind of question did they ask? Was there like maths and chem. or just mainly about your ps

I got asked to sketch a graph and like a weird chem/ maths question about distillation
Reply 39
Original post by -M-M-K-
Does it matter that much if someone has 4 a stars or 3 a stars as their predicted grades?

Honest I don't knwo I think it's more which is the "better" candidate like I think they would rather 4A stars but both are good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending