The Student Room Group

Worries about losing sixth form bursary over sick days

This is more of a rant than anything, but if anyone has some advice I would love to hear it

I recently got accepted for a discretionary bursary in my school. The conditions are fairly simple to understand, one of them being my attendance has to be high. As of right now, I have been attaining fairly good grades in my assessments and am doing pretty good in my courses. However, I have been having a fair few absences for a number of reasons: doctors visits, but mainly due to me being very ill. My ill days are not very frequent, but with the setup of Sixth Form, even one day off makes a notable impact.

As of right now, my attendance is around 90% but I am sure will drop down to around the high 80s after today.

I don't know what to do. I've been seeing the doctors frequently for the past few months to get a solid diagnosis, but I've just been receiving tests and tests and tests with no real work done. The medication they give me hardly makes an impact. I don't know what to do, I don't want to lose my bursary since I just got the first month and Sixth Form is expensive, but my body doesn't let me go to school as frequently as the Sixth Form team would like lmao. I really hope I don't lose it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending