The Student Room Group

Sad

Hey! I just received my gcse results today and I was so happy but, it didn't go as planned for my close friends. I'm sad to see them not knowing what their future holds and since they're not coming to my school's sixth form, I'm worried I'll lose contact with them all together. Is there any way that I could help them?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I just received my gcse results today and I was so happy but, it didn't go as planned for my close friends. I'm sad to see them not knowing what their future holds and since they're not coming to my school's sixth form, I'm worried I'll lose contact with them all together. Is there any way that I could help them?

You sound like a great friend! Just be really nice to them and reassuring and help them to see that their future will be okay even if the exams didn’t go as planned. One of my friends was in the same boat yesterday but now she’s made a plan for the next two years and that made her feel loads better. Also, as happy as you may be for your results, remember to be sensitive about sharing the results with them as they may get more upset. Don’t worry about losing contact, if you all put in the effort to meet up regularly, you should be fine, but if not, friendship groups do change, and you’ll all hold a place for eachother in your hearts forever.
Reply 2
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! Update, she managed to get into the sixth form but ended up having to do Psychology, Sociology and Business Studies instead of Psychology, Biology and Chemistry. What courses could you potentially take if you do those subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending