The Student Room Group

Alevel physics

I don't understand a lot of the concepts in physics that I'm being taught in year 12. Although I did well at GCSE I just don't know how to study and revise it at A-level. I don't want to fall behind and then have to resit year 12 so any advice would be really helpful.
How would you organise your file as well for alevel physics because Ive not done a lot of content yet and its full.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by rysua
I don't understand a lot of the concepts in physics that I'm being taught in year 12. Although I did well at GCSE I just don't know how to study and revise it at A-level. I don't want to fall behind and then have to resit year 12 so any advice would be really helpful.
How would you organise your file as well for alevel physics because Ive not done a lot of content yet and its full.

I always find that seneca is nice for recapping different topics or even going over ones you'll be covering soon to get an idea of what's going on for the lesson. Thats for the theory stuff but if its the maths-y stuff you want to revise, then Isaac Physics is great. The free version of seneca is enough I think but if your school pays for the premium version then making use of that would be ideal.
As for the file, it depends which exam board you're using as to how the course is structured but I'd say using 2 files (one for vectors/forces/energy etc and a separate one for electricity/particles etc) would be more convenient, hopefully with some sort of dividers between topics/chapters?
Obviously it's up to you as it depends how your particular course is structured and taught but this is how I find best for my OCR A level physics. Hopefully you found this helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest