The Student Room Group

Btecs > A levels at some degree

Poll

Btecs > A levels at some degree

N/A
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by DO16_DNE
How could you possibly take English Literature At A level and expect for someone to hire you because you know all too damn well about Hamlet seeking revenge for his fathers killing ; [...] So warning to all humanities A level students . Btec is the future. Just do 3 Btecs personally i believe one btec is if you know what you certainly want to do and or your just very lazy and unserious but 3 btecs are just better.

If BTECs worked well for you, that's great. However, some people prefer the exam-based style of A-Levels and you shouldn't denounce Humanities A-Levels for everyone else just because they're not for you.
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
If BTECs worked well for you, that's great. However, some people prefer the exam-based style of A-Levels and you shouldn't denounce Humanities A-Levels for everyone else just because they're not for you.

Hmm this sounds quite personal
Hmm this sounds quite personal

I'm a Maths student who did three STEM A-Levels with only one semi-Humanities A-Level (French).

Also, as a side note, you may wish to look into the hierarchy of disagreement if you think that this is a good refute.
Reply 4
Original post by melancollege
I'm a Maths student who did three STEM A-Levels with only one semi-Humanities A-Level (French).

Also, as a side note, you may wish to look into the hierarchy of disagreement if you think that this is a good refute.

Yes yes get your neeky ‘A level revision group’ to vote i’ll make a tea whilst i wait 😀
Yes yes get your neeky ‘A level revision group’ to vote i’ll make a tea whilst i wait 😀

I never actually commented on whether BTECs were superior or not to A-Levels. In my opinion, it depends on the person and their preferences and, for many people, I agree that BTECs are the better option. My sister did BTECs and she excelled in them and I think they were great for her. They don't work for me as I find the idea of coursework much more stressful; I struggle with deadlines and it just feels like two years worth of exams rather than two weeks. I get that this isn't a viewpoint held by many people which is why I didn't say either way. I also haven't voted on your poll for the same reason and, even if I had an A-Level revision group - which would be strange given that I finished my A-Levels almost three years ago, I wouldn't get them to vote on your poll either.

If you read my comment back, my main point was that you shouldn't denounce Humanities A-Levels just because it's not a style of learning that works best for you. There are advantages and transferable skills from both types of qualification and one isn't inherently better or worse than the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending