The Student Room Group

BTEC grades

I am currently taking Level 3 Travel and tourism BTEC. I’m in my last year so I’ll be getting my full qualification in August.
My overall grade from Year 12 is a Distinction.
How many D’s would I need to get to get a DDD. How much will my grades me impacted if I only got Merits and Passes in my work this year.
Original post by Syed998
I am currently taking Level 3 Travel and tourism BTEC. I’m in my last year so I’ll be getting my full qualification in August.
My overall grade from Year 12 is a Distinction.
How many D’s would I need to get to get a DDD. How much will my grades me impacted if I only got Merits and Passes in my work this year.

It sounds like you're doing the Extended Diploma, where the first year earns you a Foundation Diploma. Does that sound right?

To get a distinction for the Foundation Diploma you need at least 104 points (although your could have up to 129 points and still get a Distinction). For DDD in the Extended Diploma you need 216 points. So you need to earn around 100 points this year (depending on exactly how many points you got last year).

The two tables below show you how many points you get for each grade in each type and size of unit. (External units are the ones with exams; internal units are the ones with coursework / assignments). You can look-up the size of each unit (in guided learning hours, GLH) in the specification, here.

BTEC Unit Points - External.PNG

BTEC Unit Points - Internal.PNG

If you need help working it out, please post each unit number and unit grade from last year, plus the unit numbers you'll be doing this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending