The Student Room Group

A-level English what should I do outside class while studying a text in class?

I’ve been really disorganised since starting y12 and i’m doing a-level English lit and I don’t know how I should be organising anything or what I should be doing away from class. Can anyone give me any advice on this please, like how did you review your lessons, what kind of work/revision did you do outside of the class to stay on top of work? Also any tips on how to annotate my texts/make notes would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by user01906002
I’ve been really disorganised since starting y12 and i’m doing a-level English lit and I don’t know how I should be organising anything or what I should be doing away from class. Can anyone give me any advice on this please, like how did you review your lessons, what kind of work/revision did you do outside of the class to stay on top of work? Also any tips on how to annotate my texts/make notes would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Outside of lessons, I mostly watch Massolit videos on my texts (your school should give you access.) Finding and memorising Ao5 (secondary sources) is also quite a big factor of my work outside of lessons. I did summaries of chapters/scenes/poems as well, linked to context and Ao5, as well as reviewing past papers and exemplar essays. For annotating, Genius (yes the music site) does a lot of analysis of texts for if you’re stuck, if not SparkNotes and Cliffnotes do good summaries. I highlight key quotes, and underline anything important/anything relating to a theme, and I have sticky notes with context or longer annotations, and I also highlight page numbers with important scenes.

Quick Reply

Latest