The Student Room Group

universities - how tf do i look into them????

okay hiiiii!! so im a year 12 student and i wanna get a head start on looking into the universities i might consider but i have no clue where to look or how to start. does anyone have any helpful words or websites to use? or well literally anything??
Original post by demiii4004
okay hiiiii!! so im a year 12 student and i wanna get a head start on looking into the universities i might consider but i have no clue where to look or how to start. does anyone have any helpful words or websites to use? or well literally anything??

Hey! :smile:

Great news you're starting to look now, that means you still have plenty of time to make your decisions so don't fret. What courses are you interested in if you know? There are lots of resources around but it can be difficult to narrow down what will be most useful so with some more detail we can help point you in the right direction
Reply 2
Original post by CamembertPaws
Hey! :smile:

Great news you're starting to look now, that means you still have plenty of time to make your decisions so don't fret. What courses are you interested in if you know? There are lots of resources around but it can be difficult to narrow down what will be most useful so with some more detail we can help point you in the right direction

omg thank you for responding

i know i want to study either english or film studies but idk where to go from there.

i know i want to study either english or film studies but idk where to go from there.

No problem, happy to help! Start by searching for those courses on the UCAS course search tool - https://digital.ucas.com/search and have a browse on the university websites, you can also connect with universities here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=307, once you have narrowed down the ones you're really interested in then it might be time to consider attending some open days :smile: hope this helps
Reply 4
Good advice above - also worth looking for Open Day films / Campus tour films on YouTube for some Unis before you sign up for Open Days.
Reply 5
if your ambition is to become very rich / successful (think banker, lawyer, engineer) - oxbridge, lse, ucl, warwick, imperial (studying something somewhat respectable)
if you want to become a doctor/dentist - any uni is fine (personal preference) anything else - doesnt really matter what and where you go (personal preference)
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6

after reading this, ignore my comments. Any uni is fine for you, so really it depends on which location you prefer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending