The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Is the University of Gloucestershire okay for History undergrad

I am applying to do a History BA 2024 and am now looking at what university I would like to study at. Personally, I would like to study at Gloucestershire as they do the modules I like, it isn't too far from home, the accommodation seems good and affordable and the area around the campus seems nice. However, when I mention this to anyone they seem to think that going there will be awful and that the course really isn't that good. Would it be okay if I went there despite this? Is an open day worth it?
Hi @caroline138,

There's plenty of pros (and naturally a few cons!) to studying at any university, so it's great that you're weighing up your options.

If you're driven by stats or numbers, our History course scored 94% for teaching and 97% for academic support in the National Student Survey 2023.

But if you'd rather experience what we have to offer in person, we couldn't recommend attending an open day more, as they're a great opportunity to see the university for yourself and ask any questions you may have. A lot of our students say they picked UoG after attending an open day and getting a real feel for the place, because they could really imagine themselves here!

We have an open day coming up on 26th November, or alternatively a campus visit day on 13th December. https://www.glos.ac.uk/visit-us/

Whatever you choose, we wish you all the best!

Mara😊
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending