The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Mmu vs Uni of Salford

Help!!

I’m currently on a foundation year at the uni of Salford studying computer science. I don’t like the uni and would like to transfer to Manchester metropolitan uni as I’ve been there and I loved it!!

The problem is is that I got in through clearing and mmu’s clearing line wasn’t open till 1 and I phoned Salford first and got a place. Anyways. I’ve got 120 ucas points, didn’t do CS at a level hence the foundation year.
Can you please help me on how to transfer to man met uni and if this is possible…. Plzzz help.

Also on the Salford website the cs course is only accredited by one institution/ only has one certificate whereas mmu has 5.

Plz help me guys
Have you tried calling the university you want to go to and asked if they have space for you? If not, try discussing with your current uni for alternative options. You can try emailing the admissions of that uni and wait for a response too, however I think it's best to call and faster too. Try calling them tomorrow
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi!

Unfortunately we have no spaces left available through clearing as they closed a few weeks ago. However, you're more than welcome to apply for September 2024 via UCAS.

If you'd like more information, you contact our Course Enquiries team on 0161 247 6969 or via email on [email protected]

Chloe :smile:

Okay thank you so much!!
btw… if I successfully complete my foundation year at uni of Salford can I make a new ucas/ personal statement and transfer directly into year 1 for computer science
Original post by Anonymous
Okay thank you so much!!
btw… if I successfully complete my foundation year at uni of Salford can I make a new ucas/ personal statement and transfer directly into year 1 for computer science

We may consider foundation years from other unis but it's not guaranteed. Best thing to do would be to submit an application via UCAS and the admissions tutor will assess the application. - Chloe
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
Help!!

I’m currently on a foundation year at the uni of Salford studying computer science. I don’t like the uni and would like to transfer to Manchester metropolitan uni as I’ve been there and I loved it!!

The problem is is that I got in through clearing and mmu’s clearing line wasn’t open till 1 and I phoned Salford first and got a place. Anyways. I’ve got 120 ucas points, didn’t do CS at a level hence the foundation year.
Can you please help me on how to transfer to man met uni and if this is possible…. Plzzz help.

Also on the Salford website the cs course is only accredited by one institution/ only has one certificate whereas mmu has 5.

Plz help me guys

why don't you like salford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending