The Student Room Group

what masters degree would my interests lie?

Hi everyone, I'm a second-year psychology undergrad student and I am starting to think about my next steps after I graduate so that I have enough time to organise and really think about what I want to do/not make a mistake. I defo want to continue in academia and pursue a masters, but I am having serious problems in finding a masters that truly encompasses my interests/ also doesn't stray far from my psychology degree.

I am super interested in global health, neuroscience, human geography and climate change/ environmental psychology, I know those don't necessarily cross over and do kind of stray from psychology but i'm literally so lost.. I heard that even if I go into a msc relating to geography for example - I wouldn't be able to as I did a BSc in psychology. Regardless, I'd love some ideas on possible masters I could do that would allow me to go into a somewhat solid career later on (im aware the job market is slightly tough to get into rn)

thank you so so much for any help! would highly appreciate it!
Hi,
It sounds as though you're interested in similar areas which is a great start!
I would say make sure you look up the courses you're looking into across as many universities as you can. Some universities are a lot more lenient on you doing a subject in exactly the same field or letting you have less knowledge than others. For example, some universities would be happy for you to complete an MSC in geography despite your undergrad depending on the university and possibly experience or interest you have in the field.
It's always best to message the university directly if you're unsure.
If you can, make sure you make use of any systems that a university you're interested in has in place where you can speak to a current student as well. Often these students can give you a good insight as to what it's like to physically be in the course that are a little harder to imagine just from seeing the information online.
Best of luck in finding something,
Meg 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending