The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

Hello, I am currently a year 12 student with 8 Grade 9s at GCSE 3 grade 8s in English language and Literature and Computer Science and a 7 in french, studying A-level Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology; and I want to do a degree in computer science. I just wanted to know if these grades and subjects are good enough for me to apply to oxbridge computer science and any other russel group. (I am currently predicted 4 A*s) (Also I know Biology is a bit unrelated, it was there as a backup). Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by 5werve
Hello, I am currently a year 12 student with 8 Grade 9s at GCSE 3 grade 8s in English language and Literature and Computer Science and a 7 in french, studying A-level Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology; and I want to do a degree in computer science. I just wanted to know if these grades and subjects are good enough for me to apply to oxbridge computer science and any other russel group. (I am currently predicted 4 A*s) (Also I know Biology is a bit unrelated, it was there as a backup). Thanks for any help

I think that as long as you meet the required A level grades, any university in the UK would be stupid not to give you an offer. A*'s are much harder to get than commonly perceived, and in the end make up a relatively small percentage of the total grades, so that makes them all the more valuable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending