The Student Room Group

DofE question

Hi,
My school is offering me the chance to do Bronze DofE. I don't want to do it at all, but I was wondering, do people actually care if you do it or not? Will it impact Uni and job applications? Probably won't do it in any case but I was just wondering if not taking the opportunity will impact me in any significant way.
Original post by .Vvoid.
Hi,
My school is offering me the chance to do Bronze DofE. I don't want to do it at all, but I was wondering, do people actually care if you do it or not? Will it impact Uni and job applications? Probably won't do it in any case but I was just wondering if not taking the opportunity will impact me in any significant way.

Probably not. If it was gold DofE then that might have a small benefit but i dont think bronze would have any significant affect. If you have no other experience or volutneering then it might help fill that gap.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by flamingolover
Probably not. If it was gold DofE then that might have a small benefit but i dont think bronze would have any significant affect. If you have no other experience or volutneering then it might help fill that gap.

I agree.
It wont make much difference to your application. Especially not if you have other hobbies/experience that you can write about.
Original post by .Vvoid.
Hi,

It makes you have to do extracurriculars and encourages you to step out of your comfort zone, I did it and would say it was worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by .Vvoid.
Hi,

Hello! I agree with what most people have said.. It isn't really important! It's better to have a range of skills and experience but you can get that outside of DofE! I did bronze and enjoyed it but didn't continue to silver or gold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending