The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh (bronze) planning

So, the current organiser of DofE at my school was appointed just a few days ago, so he hardly knows anything and can't really help me yet. However, I want to get started asap, and would like to know if these are acceptable:

For the volunteering, there is a local cat and a dog shelter nearby which I could go to every week for an hour minimum.
In the physical section, I will do walks on the different mountains we have in the area. Is it okay to document them by just taking photos and recording the trails? And would it be possible to do it every 2 weeks, should it be weekly?
For the skill, I will do replit's 100 day python course. I think replit sends a certificate for when you reach 50 and 100 days, and I could do this daily. For proof I can also show the different coding I've done.
The expedition will be held by the school so I don't need to think about that at the moment.

Sorry for the length of this haha😅
Would these be alright?
Reply 1
Original post by tinnohall
So, the current organiser of DofE at my school was appointed just a few days ago, so he hardly knows anything and can't really help me yet. However, I want to get started asap, and would like to know if these are acceptable:

For the volunteering, there is a local cat and a dog shelter nearby which I could go to every week for an hour minimum.
In the physical section, I will do walks on the different mountains we have in the area. Is it okay to document them by just taking photos and recording the trails? And would it be possible to do it every 2 weeks, should it be weekly?
For the skill, I will do replit's 100 day python course. I think replit sends a certificate for when you reach 50 and 100 days, and I could do this daily. For proof I can also show the different coding I've done.
The expedition will be held by the school so I don't need to think about that at the moment.

Would these be alright?

The volunteering bit sounds great! Just make sure the boss or someone there is willing to evidence it for you/ confirm you did it! As long as you are doing something for free it should work.

I did walking for my DofE so that should be fine too, I documented it by tracking my walks with an app on my phone and then screenshot the summary screen. Then I got a family friend to confirm I had done it!!

I’m not sure about the skills one though, I’d assume it would be fine but I couldn’t tell you yes or no confidently!

Good luck with your DofE!!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kt_123
Original post by tinnohall

Would these be alright?

The volunteering bit sounds great! Just make sure the boss or someone there is willing to evidence it for you/ confirm you did it! As long as you are doing something for free it should work.

I did walking for my DofE so that should be fine too, I documented it by tracking my walks with an app on my phone and then screenshot the summary screen. Then I got a family friend to confirm I had done it!!

I’m not sure about the skills one though, I’d assume it would be fine but I couldn’t tell you yes or no confidently!

Good luck with your DofE!!! :smile:

Thank you so much!!!
Reply 3
your skills section should be fine, if you get someone like a family friend to just verify that you've done the course and it shouldnt be a problem, my skills was my instrument and i said i wanted to improve certain techniques, my teacher just signed it and said its probably one of the easiest things to do for DofE if you are already a musician!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending